I didn't exactly nail down all my October goals, y'all. This is the part where I give myself a little grace and move on...and move a few of those goals right on over to November.
Just to review...
1. Maintain a happy home. Not going to lie, I didn't even come close to doing this. Our house has been a wreck. All. Month. Long.
2. Read "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up." Yes! I did this! And I loved it. Check.
3. Dress in happiness daily. I did this! I got dressed every single day in October except for one. I got a few new things to fill holes I discovered in my wardrobe, and of course I got a few things from thrift stores, too. I know I got a lot more accomplished simply because I was prepared for the day and went into each day with a different perspective than ever before. Check.
4. Have quiet down time with our boys daily. I wish I could say I did this. I DID do this a lot of days, but not every one. Something I learned this month is that even on busy days, I can make time for them even if it is just a minute or 5 minutes here and there. That's a big change from being strictly a stay at home mom not very long ago, and it's taking some getting used to!
5. Set up a time and space for work. I didn't do this. I have to do this in November.
6. Use my camera at home. I really wanted to take photos at home every day, or at least a lot of days. I really only took photos at home maybe 3 or 4 days. I can't call this one done.
1. Tidy, Konmari style. I know it isn't realistic or advisable that I plan on completing that this month, but I want to work on it. I'm really excited about this!
2. Dress in happiness daily. I know I actually did complete this goal in October, but it effected me in such a wonderfully positive way that I want to make sure that happens again. I would also LOVE to write a little about my experience with this!
3. Take off one day a week to spend quality time with my family. When you are your own boss, I guess you also have to decide when you get a day off. Lately, I feel like rather than working efficiently when I am working, I dabble here and there and end up working a lot more in the long run because of my lack of focus. I am certain that if I could make sure that I focus on my boys and take a real break once a week for a whole day, that I would be able to focus a lot more when I am working. No matter how much you love your job, you have to step away occasionally!
4. Set up time and space for work. This is one of my fails from October, and I'm so excited about making this happen in November!
5. Take at least one photo (with my big camera) at home each day and post it...starting November 3rd. I have tried (and failed) at photo a day projects before, but I HAVE to succeed at it this time. And I will. The first one is the one I posted on this blog, and you can follow along for the rest on Instagram!
6. Print photos. I want to get the photos OFF my computer and into my hands and on my walls.
What are you up to this month?