I really don't want to constantly be posting blogs about pregnancy stuff. Been there, done that. Number 3 is so different, y'all, and so am I. BUT I do love looking back and seeing the differences between this pregnancy and my pregnancies with Max and Drew, seeing the photos of me and my huge bellies, and remembering what all that was like. So I think maybe every month or so I might just post an update. Probably a list, so I don't write a novel! So here we go, Part 1 at 19 weeks!
1. We found out yesterday that our sweet baby is a BOY baby! His name is Jake Kilby Brown, and yes, we are ecstatic. I was so emotional about it yesterday. I went from shaking and nervous in the waiting room to grinning so big in the ultrasound room to giggling and crying tears of joy for the rest of the day. I love being a mom of boys. More on this later.
2. I feel great physically, and I am not just saying that. I have never felt this good at 19 weeks and am usually experiencing at least some mild discomforts every day at this point. This time? I am dancing/teaching dance for around 4 hours two different days a week, and it has made a world of difference. I honestly don't "feel" pregnant unless I am feeling Jake move around or realize I am eating all day every day.
3. I also feel great emotionally. This is new to me during pregnancy. Usually my pregnant days are filled with anxiety and worry, but this time is so different. Living here in our hometown surrounded by friends and family are at least part of that. It also helps that I am going to see the most wonderful nurse midwives that have made me feel so at ease about everything! I have also been handing over so much more to God and I am trying to constantly do better about that. I know that I am constantly wrapped in His arms, no matter what. That is such a comfort to me.
4. I still hate hot coffee but I love it iced.
5. Two of my very best friends are also expecting little ones the same week as me, and it is amazing to share all of this with them.
6. Max and Drew are so excited to have a baby brother. It is going to be the best.
7. I have been craving everything spicy and everything sweet. Especially Mexican food, ice cream, and fruit.
8. Prenatal vitamins are disgusting. Still.
9. Lavender essential oil is my favorite thing in the world right now.
10. One cool thing about having a third boy? Our list of needs before the baby comes is super short. Maybe some clothes, maybe some bottles, maybe some more lightweight blankets for our first summer baby. Probably a new stroller since our old one has logged so many miles. It is great!