Excuse me, July? How? Where exactly did you come from and how did you get here so stinking fast? I know they say the last month of pregnancy or so drag by, and it does seem like it's been sort of slow so far, but somehow, at the same time, July totally and completely snuck up on me.
Here is a little June recap for you...
Photography kept me super busy! I had four mini sessions and I second shot a wedding with the lovely and wonderful Michelle Lyerly. That might not sound like a lot, but it was when you consider everything else we did this month. Also, I had the perfect clients and I am so thankful for them. They made it all so enjoyable.
We remodeled our bathroom. Because isn't that what you are supposed to do when you are going to be having a baby so soon? Ha! We replaced our sink/vanity and the light fixture, and painted it...what a big improvement!
We visited family out of town and spent as much time swimming as possible. Why so hot, June? 100 degree weather is just not my favorite. Luckily we spent 3 whole days swimming when we visited some of Nick's family this month.
I probably at my weight in melon. I might not be kidding, and it was totally necessary to include this in the recap. I am sort of over food right now...I 'm full all the time and hot most of the time, so cold watermelon and cantaloupe straight out of the fridge has been my favorite.
We started potty training Drew. Yet again, totally normal at the very end of a pregnancy. Whoops. He actually just sort of decided this all himself, and we just went with it. I swear to you, potty training Max was the hardest part of being a parent for me so far. BUT I am pleased to say...it is going much much better with Drew!
As for my June goals, I sort of killed 'em:
1. CELEBRATE 5 YEARS OF MARRIAGE WITH A DATE. Of course we did! We at a meal in peace (which is a huge deal when you have 2, going on 3, boys at home) and then we went to see Jurassic World. It was a lot of fun. So glad I still get to date my husband and spend all my days with him.
2. TAKE THE BOYS TO SEE THOMAS AT TWEETSIE RAILROAD. We did. But let's just say it was an interesting experience. They loved it, but it might have been the hottest and busiest day I have ever spent at Tweetsie.
3. STAY ON TRACK WITH EDITING. Another check mark! Almost all of my June sessions are edited and they will be delivered so soon!
4. PACK MY HOSPITAL BAG. Yep! I will admit, I am missing a couple of things, but for the most part it is packed. I still have to pack a bag for the boys.
5. PREPARE MYSELF MENTALLY, EMOTIONALLY, AND SPIRITUALLY FOR JAKE'S LABOR AND ARRIVAL. I have to say, I think I am just about as ready as I can be to meet Jake now. Of course I am continuing to pray about his arrival and I meet new anxieties daily while I conquer others, but...Jake, you can come on anytime now.
6. CLEAN THE HOUSE. Done and done. AND I have kept it that way. Nothing like realizing you are having a baby in the next 2-3 weeks to kick your butt into gear!
7. KEEP MY SANITY. I think I accomplished this one, too. For once I actually listened to my body and rested when I needed to, and Nick has been going to doctors appointments with me while the boys have stayed with my parents. That has provided a great little break for both of use, and I am so thankful for that.
For July, I am keeping my goals as simple as possible. Because...well...we are just sort of having a baby THIS MONTH. What?!?!?
1. LOVE THE BOYS WELL. I want to be sure that I love my boys...spend time with them, teach them, learn with them, and of course hold them close as often as possible...before Jake comes. And I want to be sure to continue that after Jake is here, even with the business of having a newborn. And let's not leave Jake out! I want to hold him and snuggle him and soak in all his newborn sweetness when he arrives, even though I will also be busy with Max and Drew.
2. SPEND TIME WITH NICK. Honestly, we probably won't have a date this month. But it is still so important to our sanity and to our marriage to be intentional with each other! Right now what that looks like is just taking time to talk every day, and he has been going with me to weekly midwife appointments while the boys have been with my parents, which has given us each a much needed break and sort of mini date every week. I think we should keep that up!
3. DELIVER ALL PHOTO SESSION FLASH DRIVES. Hopefully in this next week or so! I am so close to being done with editing!
4. PRAY, SURRENDER, LISTEN. This is a big one. And it is so important this month.
5. HAVE A BABY! What? Are you sure it's time? Part of me feels like I have been pregnant for a year or more, but the other part feels like there is no way it's actually time for Jake to arrive. At this point we just wait, and I am strangely ok with that! Normally I am not patient and am very anxious about this sort of thing, but this baby has been a game changer. I am so excited, but I also feel ok knowing that he will come when he is good and ready.
So, July...I can't wait to dive right in and see what goodness you have in store for us!