Happy February! I love the beginning of a new month. January was crazy and great, but I am really ready to settle on into this year.
When I was thinking through my February goals, I wanted to make sure they were all aligned with my goals for the whole year. I love that this gives me the opportunity to go back to those over and over again each month.
1. Read "The Best Yes." I borrowed it from my mom this week, and I have been loving it so far. Lysa Terkeurst is amazing and I am so excited to continue reading it.
2. Take a time out and pray and read my Bible when I need it. This means paying attention to my attitude and my needs. This is what I have noticed over the last few weeks: I am absolutely bound to get frustrated and flustered and have a terrible attitude and treat my family terribly if I get overwhelmed and try to do it all. Taking just 5 minutes when I start feeling icky makes all the difference. It allows me to ground myself, refocus, and try again.
3. Clean out and get rid of excess in three areas (clothes, kitchen, boys room). The first step in tidying our home and decluttering.
4. Come up with a schedule that works for our family and stick to it for the rest of the month. Drew started preschool, we've been going to church on Wednesdays now, and I've been working on scheduling photography stuff so that I am still able to take time with my family. I need to get up earlier and figure out when to do laundry and all of that stuff. Yes, I schedule everything, but in a flexible way. It's just what works for me!
5. Take and post one photo a day. I'm sure you have seen a ton of people participating in the 366 project (one photo a day for a year) but, oops, I started late. Lara Casey assures us that there is nothing magical about January 1st, and I think she's right. So I started a few days in, and I am doing a 346 project. You can follow along on Instagram, and the ones from January are right here:
What are you up to in February? I want to hear about it!