I debated about whether or not to share this here. There is definitely a certain amount of vulnerability that goes along with sharing yearly goals with everyone on the internet. BUT I would really love to share here more, and that is part of my 2017 plan, so...here we go!
Y'all know by now that I am a huge advocate of goal setting, whatever that looks like for you. Skip the resolutions, and instead, intentionally set goals and think about what steps you need to take to accomplish them. And give yourself some grace. I use Powersheets to set goals, and I love them. This is the first time that I have gotten the dated one year book of Powersheets, and I am already loving them. I just wanted to take a second to share a little of what I have been working on in my Powersheets: my word of the year, my goals, and a few action steps to go with them.
MY WORD OF THE YEAR:
In Christ. In our family. In our home.
MY 2017 GOALS:
- Cultivate my faith: Colossians 2:6-7
- Love my husband well: Ephesians 5:22-24, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 and so many more. Because we are the foundation of our family.
- Serve my family with a happy heart: Titus 3:2-5. I have been really feeling God pushing me harder in this area of my life. This is what I am called to do...it is my JOB!
- Steward our gifts well, for the Kingdom: because they were never "ours" anyway!
- Grow and cultivate my business how God leads: 1 Corinthians 7:17. This business is a blessing to our family, a gift, and I hope for it to be a blessing to others as well.
- Create a feeling of HOME in our house: Proverbs 31:27.
- Treat my body like a temple of the Holy Spirit (snagged this goal from Jess Connolly): 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
- Love my friends and community: Colossians 3:12-17
- Simplify all the things. Ecclesiastes 4:6
I will be posting about what this all looks like, practically, in the next few days!
What are your goals for 2017?