This is part 2 of my goals for 2017. You can see part 1 here!
I just wanted to pop over here today and tell y'all what all the goals I have set for myself look like for me in the daily grind! One of my favorite parts about using Powersheets is that they ask you to write out action steps. What is the point of having goals if you don't actually take steps to accomplish them? I am all about having goals with grace, but the plan is to get it done! Here's a little recap...
MY 2017 GOALS:
- Cultivate my faith: Colossians 2:6-7
- Love my husband well: Ephesians 5:22-24, 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 and so many more. Because we are the foundation of our family.
- Serve my family with a happy heart: Titus 3:2-5. I have been really feeling God pushing me harder in this area of my life. This is what I am called to do...it is my JOB!
- Steward our gifts well, for the Kingdom: because they were never "ours" anyway!
- Grow and cultivate my business how God leads: 1 Corinthians 7:17. This business is a blessing to our family, a gift, and I hope for it to be a blessing to others as well.
- Create a feeling of HOME in our house: Proverbs 31:27.
- Treat my body like a temple of the Holy Spirit (snagged this goal from Jess Connolly): 1 Corinthians 6:19-20.
- Love my friends and community: Colossians 3:12-17
- Simplify all the things. Ecclesiastes 4:6
With such big goals, action steps really help me to get specific and intentional. According to my Powersheets, the should be small, realistic, and specific.
1. CULTIVATE MY FAITH
-Read my Bible daily. I am using the ESV Bible app on my phone and have started a reading plan to read the entire Bible in 2017 (something I have never done before).
-Make the Bible accessible- notecards all around the house
-Talk about my faith more openly
-Set aside quiet time for prayer every day
-Listen to sermons or podcasts
-Spend time in worship daily (this usually means listening to worship music and singing while I clean my kitchen!)
2. LOVE MY HUSBAND WELL
-Plan date nights once a month minimum
-Pray for him with intention DAILY
-Fold his clothes and put them away (acts of service is his love language and the one I need to work on the most)
-Create space and time for him to rest and welcome him to do so
-Talk to him about expectations instead of assuming he just knows
3. SERVE MY FAMILY WITH A HAPPY HEART
-Put the word "Serve" up in our kitchen as a reminder
-Put away the laundry and do the dishes daily- don't let it pile up!
-Worship while I serve
-Ask God how I can best serve my family
-Stop the nagging. Seriously.
4. STEWARD OUR GIFTS WELL, FOR THE KINGDOM
-Make a budget every month
-Pray and ask God how to spend and save and give
-Pay off debt
-Invest in our home in smart ways
5. GROW AND CULTIVATE MY BUSINESS HOW GOD LEADS
-Pray about it!
-Automate as much as possible
-Leave time for God and my family
-Let it be a ministry
6. CREATE A FEELING OF HOME IN OUR HOUSE
-Hang photos on the wall
-Create routines that help us thrive
-Eat at home together
-Invite friends in
-Incorporate the use of more essential oils
-Make it comfortable and inviting
7. TREAT MY BODY LIKE A TEMPLE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
-Go to the YMCA three times a week
-wash my face
-eat more whole foods, good foods
-no skipping meals because I am busy!
-take a few minutes alone every day
8. LOVE MY FRIENDS AND COMMUNITY
-Text or call friends to check in and see how I can pray for them
-Serve them in ways that they will specifically love/appreciate/need
-Host women for coffee in our home
9. SIMPLIFY ALL THE THINGS
-take the Nancy Ray Contentment Challenge
-KonMari our home
-Clean out my emails and subscriptions
-Streamline my work life
-Get off Facebook
If you are still here, you get a sticker :)
So...every month I just choose some of the things from above to plug into my goals for the month. I am working on the big goals little by little, all year long! I can always add or change things as I go, and I get way more done this way!
If this type of goal setting is looking pretty good to you, you can read more about it here! I would love for you to join me this year! I would really recommend sharing your goals with someone and asking them to hold you accountable as an extra step. And count the fruit!
Praying for your 2017, friend!